Monday, August 29, 2011

Tea

For those of you who know me, you will not be surprised when I say that I love tea. Not coffee (ack!), not latte, not cappuccino (did I even spell that correctly?), but just tea.

I find that my tea choices reflect my mood. On a day-to-day basis, I stick with Red Rose decaf. If I'm feeling a little harried, I go for the regular RR and the associated caffeine to keep me moving forward. I have at least half dozen choices of tea flavors/types available in my house on any given day; except peach, raspberry, mint, or Earl Grey. Earl Grey is my very least favorite tea EVER. Ugh. Nasty stuff.

Meanwhile, I find my tastes changing from time to time. Sometimes I really like a nice chamomile and hibiscus tea. Soothing and easy. Sometimes I prefer my Zen tea with lemongrass. Refreshing and mellow. Lately I've been enjoying spiced Chai with ginger. Comforting and warm. I suppose you could say that looking at my choice of tea could possibly be a peek into my general mood. It seems lately that I've been enjoying the comfort and warmth of Chai more often.

Hmmm... I wonder what that could mean? Maybe I just read too much into these things. Then again, maybe that means something ?.... ;) Stop in any time, and we'll enjoy a cup of tea.

2 comments:

  1. I am a tea drinker too but hot in the winter and iced in the summer. I seem to be a little addicted to Tim Horton's iced tea (large, 3 splenda, extra ice). What brand of tea do you suppose they use?
    Lori
    ~~the chai sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tim Horton's English Breakfast tea. I also really like their iced tea. You can buy their tea by the box. David usually gets a couple of boxes of the English Breakfast for my birthday. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete