Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Madness

March has been a very long month, this year.  Abigail has had ongoing health issues for the past 6 weeks.  She was hospitalized for 7 days, and spent an additional 2 days overnight in the Pediatric Emergency Department.  On top of that, a stomach bug has been passing through the family.  First Abbie (thus her second visit to the E.D. for dehydration), then me, then David, and now Cassidy is recovering.

Please, oh, please let March end and usher in a peaceful and healthy April with no "April Fools" joking about it.  I mean it, now.  No more sickness!

I've decided to make my New Years resolutions.  Yes, I know.  I'm a little late... well, ok... a LOT late... but better late than never, right?  Here goes...

1.  Be kinder to myself by taking better care of my body. 
2.  Accept that there are some people who will disapprove of me no matter what I do or say, and this is not my fault, nor am I responsible for their feelings.
3.  I work to the best of my ability, and often much more than I should.  I need to learn to say "no" to those that would make me feel inadequate.
4.  De-cluttering would soothe my soul.  We have SO much stuff that's unneeded.  Anyone care to come and browse?  I'm going to pick a weekend and drag out things unwanted and unused. 
5.  Visit the library more often, both to borrow books... and to return them on time :)  

Ok, those are pretty much the basics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment