Thursday, March 31, 2011

It Creeps Up On You

Have you ever had one of those days, when you just need to step back, turn away, and gather yourself together?

I don't mean just the every day stressful, run-of-the-mill frustrations that occur with kids and appointments and work issues.  I mean one of those days that you simply seem to 'turn off'?  I don't seem to have any control over it, either.  It's like I have an internal switch that's been flipped.  I can't even bring myself to care.

Stress.  There's another whole issue.  So why is it that I chose to give up chocolate for Lent?  I found myself reaching for the M&M's much too often, whenever I was feeling upset. I wanted to give up something meaningful to prove to myself that I CAN control my life.  The first few days were tough, but I find that I can now say no to any chocolate without any hesitation.  It feels good.  As an added bonus, I've lost 6 pounds :)  Overall, I'd say it's been a pretty good learning experience.

Here I sit, in a bubble of "I just don't care, today", amidst phone calls and emails about my kids that I need to handle.  Not the best place to be, but I guess this past month has finally caught up to me, and my mind decided that it's had enough and is taking a mini vacation.  Great... I just wish my body could go with it!  I'm also trying to figure out when I'll have time to squeeze in a massage.  I got a gift certificate and can't wait to use it.  The problem is, I'm too busy!  Now there's a catch-22 situation for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment