Saturday, July 2, 2011

With a Grateful Heart

Another holiday weekend... the newspaper ads, the fight to get into the grocery store's shortest line, the decorations and picnic plans, the food. We plan for all of these things without a thought in our head but how quickly we can get them done, and how we can maximize our play time.

I'd like to take a moment to stop and say a heart-felt thank you to all of the men and women, past and present, that have made my selfish life possible. In the past, this allowed my ancestors the right to feed their own families, to make their own homes, to practice their own religion, to stand up and be heard. In the present, with a few modern twists, it means the same.

Since I'm on the subject of thanks, I would like to thank my husband and kids for always being there for me, and for supporting me. Everyone needs someone to care; at least 1 person in this world that you can count on to accept you. So, I "give thanks with a grateful heart" that I have the freedom and the luxury to have that. As I am enjoying the good food, fun, and frivolous decorations, I won't forget to say "thank you" in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment