Sunday, October 2, 2011

Location, Location, Location

Do you ever think about where you are? There's a business adage that states your success or failure is all about where you are situated. I have to say I can't agree.

If this were the case, why are there small, out-of-the-way places that have endured for decades, while a big box store on a major intersection folds after just 2 years of business? I think perhaps it would be better to say that your success or failure depends upon where your heart is, where your passion resides.

In this respect, my location would have to be my family and friends. This is where my heart lives. This is where I can feel happy, content, useful, and valued. I think this is very important... feeling valued.

What it all boils down to is this: my mother is (again) right. Home is where the heart is :)

SPECIAL NOTE: October 1st is the beginning of the "31 for 21" campaign, where parents of children or loved ones with Down syndrome blog for one month about their lives and experiences. I'm a day late, but I will be participating in this celebration of the blessing of Down syndrome. Please join me!... and wish me luck... I have to find time to post every day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment