Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Endings

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids. Abigail had her graduation day for preschool, the twins had field day and made tie-dye shirts, and Jakob's class had a party for a retiring teacher that everyone loves. Hmmmm.... sounds like these half days are really useful and definitely further the academic experience of my children (a bit of sarcasm there-sorry).

Any way, since it's Wednesday, I thought I'd throw out some philosophy for you. Endings. Some endings your dread, some endings you anticipate, and some endings are just... endings for which the time has come. My Dad used to tell us that in the end, everything would work out. Oh, how I longed to dispute that! After all, as a teenager and young adult, we knew better than our parents, right? Ha! If only I knew then what I know now. Dad was right.

Here's a saying that used to be pinned up on my Grandmother's cupboard. I like it so much that one year I had it reproduced and framed for all of my siblings, both as a remembrance and as a reminder. "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, ... and all is well". Trite? maybe. Schmaltzy? perhaps. True? ABSOLUTELY!

By the by, I'm going back to working on some of my books I never got to finish. I guess the problem is, there's no easy way to get them printed & published. I've asked around, and received answers with instructions about going through guilds, having artists assigned to decide how it should be illustrated (I already know exactly what I want it to look like), or that I have to be a member of a writer's association, etc., etc.

How the heck did J.K. Rowling do it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment