Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cloak of Patience

As I was flipping through radio channels in the van, I heard an interesting snidbit about putting on your "cloak of patience" when dealing with people. I thought that was a very nice thought. Patience, courtesy, and kindness will most often get you through dealing with people. Is this supposed to apply only to me, toward others?

As I thought more about this, I thought that perhaps it would also be a good idea to put on my cloak of patience when dealing with myself. I so often have no patience with my own little foibles and faults. Maybe that's why I feel so stressed out sometimes. I want to be able to fix it, and fix it NOW.

It's very easy to say, but very difficult to do, especially when "things" seem to be just piling up and up and up all around me. I've been frustrated so often this past month with Abigail's health that I just want to bury myself in bed. I've been trying to focus on all the other things I need to get done; aggravated with working things out with the schools (that's multiple... CSE and CPSE issues), harried running back and forth between schools and stores and appointments, and feeling impatient with myself for feeling generally run down and under the weather.

Oh, Lord, help me weave my cloak of patience, not only toward others, but for myself. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment